Failed to compile standalone editor. Compile in MPS should be true

Hi all,

I'm trying to compile a solution, but I'm cannot understand this error:

I already checked the corresponding flag, but it is set (I think this means true):

I also tried changing the Solution Kind, (tried them all, then rolled back to None, as in the image), repeating the intent actions each time, but nothing.

Checking the OpenNLP solution (which it's a a sort of wrapper for an external library, a stub starting from a .jar), it says no problems. Trying to rebuild it results in a "Rebuild aborted: nothing to do".

I just found a similar issue googling, but it was due to a missing jar, which is not my case.

You can find a GIT example at https://github.com/adepase/MrJEditor 

MPS Version: 2017.1

Do you know if I have to move the library under some directory in the project and generate again the solution? Or what else?

Thank you in advance

Best regards

Alessandro

6 comments
Comment actions Permalink

The error is misguiding, in fact 'true' there is for 'do not compile' value, inversion of 'Compile In MPS'. As long as module has no generated sources to compile, build language doesn't expect it to have 'compile in MPS' flag set, but reports this in an odd way. Just uncheck the flag in solution properties to get it fixed. 

0
Comment actions Permalink

Thank you Tikhomirov,

I tried to uncheck it, (I thought I tried it before, but I was not so sure, it's a long time since my last check and there was no previous evidence in my notes I did it), but it is not enough: same error as before.

I also tried to perform a couple of quick fixes ("Reload required information from file" and "Reload modules from disk") and to perform again the jar import (so to doublecheck it was there, I chose it from GUI, I did not write it down), always with the checkbox unset.

Any other hint? 

Thank you in advance

Best Regards

Alessandro

0
Comment actions Permalink

I just tried to add solution to the build script of the project at github, and didn't get an error. Could you try to remove solution from the build script and add it back again to ensure all the properties are initialized correctly (although 'reload modules from disk' should do the same). 

Attached screenshot shows '(do not compile)' setting in solution's inspector. There's no way to specify it from the editor, though, only with a help of 'reload modules from disk' intention:

0
Comment actions Permalink

Dear Tikhomirov,

I tried what you told me, because the "(do not compile)" didn't appear.

To be more precise: I tried to remove the solution declaration from the build script. Is the declaration you suggested me to remove? (if it's from the build script, I cannot imagine others). Then I rebuilt (3 errors , among which a broken reference and an unresolved reference to OpenNLP; not so odd), readded the declaration (same 3 errors), performed a quick fix (1 error: the same you can see in the image below).

It's different. Now it seems I cannot get the correct UID. Perform Intent Reload from Disk:

It went back to the previous error, but correctly recovers the uuid.

However the other information in the inspector, i.e. the content (do not compile) and the dependency (extracted) with the jar path are not there as in your case. There something not clear in that part.

I also tried to destroy and recreate the OpenNLP solution. Same result.

Are you using the same MPS version? Any other idea? (I understand that being you unable to repeat it, it could be a little difficult, that's why I'm trying to detail every step I made).

Thank you in advance, again

Alessandro

0
Comment actions Permalink

Yes, I meant declaration of a solution from the build script. Not sure why it didn't pick module id once you re-created the entry, though. The odd thing is that Reload intention does not update '(do not compile)' settings. When you do 'Reload', it assigns expected value right into node's property, and I don't see how come it's not updated. I've tried github project with actual 2017.3 state, but pretty much sure the code that reports the error and updates required property didn't change since 2017.1. 

P.S. I've just tried github project with 2017.1.2. MPS suggested to re-save module descrptors, OK. Then opened build script, new solution, type in its path, 'Reload modules from disk' intention, and I see '(do not compile)' value in the solution's inspector.

0
Comment actions Permalink

Hi Tikhomirov,

I had some time yesterday to try again. It didn't want to update.

Then I destroyed the OpenNLP (stub wrapper) solution and recreate it.

It worked and compiled.

Well, the final result was not what I expected, but I'll open another help request on this.

For me this is a closed issue now. Thank you to you all

0

Please sign in to leave a comment.