I recently encountered the issue of language evolution. It is a simple case but I suppose that the use cases will become more and more complicated. This is, what I already know:
- One can provide migration scripts via the "scripts" aspect
- These scripts can be applied to adjust instances of your DSL to fit the altered language definition
And that is what I'm not sure about:
- How to determine a/the correct build number (toBuild property)?
- Are the scripts applied automatically or do I have to register them somewhere?
- Let's say I have an older version of my language where instances of concept A has children of concept C. Now I introduce a new concept called B. Now instances of concept B can be children of A; C in turn is moved to B. How can I provide a migration script for this example?
Thank you very much in advance,