Anyone interested in developing a language for node/flow based programming (for example like vvvv) ?
Here are two screenshots from my prototype. Features that should work:
- Defining nodes in a custom aspect
- Ports with primitive types
- Language for accessing ports
Features that would be nice:
- Visual nodes (should be possible because the nodes are defined using the standard editor)
- List input and output
- Ports with custom types
- Node updates at a defined interval
- Defining nodes using plain java classes with some lightweight dsl instead of the old approach ( inspiration)
- More than a handful test nodes
I'll upload the current prototype to Github soon. Any feedback or suggestions are appreciated.
Custom aspect for defining nodes: