I'm trying to build my project into an IntelliJ plugin. From within my language/plugin, I want to drive actions inside IntelliJ Ultimate and from other community plugins.
To be able to compile my project, I need to be able to compile against these libraries, of course. However, since they are "provided" by the user's IDE, I don't want to package these when building my plugin.
Are there any example projects that show how to do this?
Currently, I have a solution where I've added my JARs, which generate stubs. When I add this in my language solution, e.g. such that I can access it from behaviors/actions, this works fine.
However, when building the plugin (generates an ant script, intellij plugin), it complains about "dependencies that aren't visible from from the current module". The only way I can avoid the error so far is by manually including the JARs in the ZIP file. But, of course, I don't want/can't do that.
Sometimes, I was able to build my plugin, but I think it was only because of stale caches: I had the language built, then I fiddled around with the module setup to get the plugin to build. I found that I could remove the "JAR" entry in the stub solution, while still keeping the stubs entry. Then, the plugin built fine. However, on the next language rebuild, the JAR was missing again.