[Solved :white_check_mark:] Hello, What’s the right way to add a third-party dependency to the build file (1) ? I’m trying to build a standalone IDE for a language that uses `grammarcells` as depen...

This is an auto-generated question from the MPS Slack community: [Solved :white_check_mark:] Hello, What’s the right way to add a third-party dependency to the build file (1) ? I’m trying to build a standalone IDE for a language that uses `grammarcells` as dependency (2), but I get an error saying that the dependency cannot be found during the build process (3). Any suggestions?
16 comments
Comment actions Permalink
You have to have grammarcells loaded into your IDE. This means it should be added as a project library in Preferences → Build, Execution, Deployment → Project Libraries.
0
Comment actions Permalink
By the way, in the Project View I see the folder name is `lib` while in the broken path in the editor it name is `libs` .
0
Comment actions Permalink
Slack user:U6M94JMGX> I just found the typo, thanks
0
Comment actions Permalink
Before I only had the *mps-extensions* entry, I added a new one for *grammarcells,* fixed the typo in the path, re-built everything, but the error persists :disappointed: .
0
Comment actions Permalink
Btw, the error only occurs for the *Build* Solution, in the language I can use grammarcells without issues.
0
Comment actions Permalink
I removed the Build Solution, and created a new one. In the properties of the new solution I can see that *grammarcells* is automatically added as *Used language.* I also added it to the Dependencies sections without success
0
Comment actions Permalink
Slack user:U6K3FGW3U> is the build script that packs grammar cells named `de.itemis.mps.extensions` ? http://127.0.0.1:63320/node?ref=r%3Afb24ac52-5985-4947-bba9-25be6fd32c1a%28de.itemis.mps.extensions.build%29%2F3410197114990977083
0
Comment actions Permalink
In my version of extensions I can find build script named `com.mbeddr.mpstil.grammarcells`
0
Comment actions Permalink
To solve the problem, I did the following two steps:
0
Comment actions Permalink
First, I added `de.itemis.mps.grammarcells.build` to your build model:
0
Comment actions Permalink
Second, I added `de.itemis.mps.extensions` to the list of dependencies in my build script
0
Comment actions Permalink
Finally, Re-Build :slightly_smiling_face: Muchas gracias Slack user:UA14L80HK> for helping me to solve the problem :thumbsup:
0
Comment actions Permalink
Slack user:U6M94JMGX> Slack user:U6K3FGW3U> thanks for your help and time too :wink:
0
Comment actions Permalink
Yes, this aligns with my understanding. I just wasn’t sure which build script packs grammar cells in the extensions.
0
Comment actions Permalink
This is auto-generated question from the MPS Community Slack Workspace. If you want to comment on the question, do it from the Slack workspace
0

Post is closed for comments.